Sunday, March 08, 2009

The last big JOB

It almost time for us to go home. We have one more big job to do replace the shingles on a garage and paint the barn . Connie started on the shingles while I was taking off the old trim at the bottom of the roof on Saturday. We were at church Sunday and a member ask how much longer we would be here. I told him what we had to do. He then ask if I could use a nail gun and shovel for the singles. I said that would be great. We stopped by his house on Monday to pick up the things we needed for the job. It was nice having extra tools to take off the roof. I stared to help Connie take off the singles. Talk about hard there was three layer of shingles on the roof. They were nail into pinewood broads.The nail were very hard to get out. We would lay on the shovel so hard that the nail would just pop out flying who know where. We got over half of the shingles off the roof Monday. Tuesday we started putting on the new shingles. We had the tar paper on and 1/3 of the shingles that when the lighting started to sound off. The clouds started to roll in and the lighting was getting closer. We got our things off of the roof. We hopped into our car to get some thing from town. When we drive the three mile to town . We found our self in a heavy rain storm then hail stones started to come down. We park under a gas station roof for some protection. The next thing we did was to drive home very slowly. The rain was coming down so hard that our windshield wiper could hardly keep the rain off our windshield. The next day we heard that tennis ball size hail stone had hit in someplace around area. A tornado had gone through a small town south of us and kill 8 people. A family in our branch that live only 8 miles from town said the hailstone broke some window. They could see the indentation on the roof of there house where the hail stone hit. We asked some of the locals here if this was a normal storm for this area. They said yep pretty much. It rain the rest of that night by morning it had stopped. When we got to the job site the garage had leak inside a little bit but the tar paper and shingles were still on Thank the Lord. We got the rest of the shingles on the 1/2 of roof by the end of the day. It stay cloudy for the next two days. We had the new singles on on by Friday. I did not think that I would be able to haul 53 bundles of shingles up a ladder and get this job done. Now it feel so good to have it done. Using the nail gun made it almost fun. It was much faster than hamming the nails one at a time even let Connie hammer some nail in the shingles on too. Now can a man love a woman more then that??
Now it getting late and the coyote just got through serenading us which I am going to miss about this place. Part of this mission is to get yo know your companion little better. We are with each other 24 hour a day.even shopping together.
I can say now that our love for each other is stronger then it has ever been I know that it has been hard on some of the kids for us to be here but this is where we were supposed to be. I have learned alot of new thing about my self and that with the lord's help we can do anything .Well enough for now I'll write about painting the rest of the garage and the huge barn next time. I am having trouble ending this letter because my heart is so full of the way all of my children have supported us on this mission. The way Alma has buckle down to run the business and made it work this time thanks. How hard that Angela has work to take care of the bills and do the paper work for the business,Thanks. For Brenda that has taken time away from school teaching to take care of the rentals ,Thanks Shem and La dawn taking such good care of our grand kids thanks also for the calls and letters. Lillian thanks for all you done to share your life with us xxx and ooo thanks for the flowers. Ammon and Michelle who has called to let us know how things are going there thanks We will get to visit with them after the mission I can't wait to see them. Last but not least is Isabella who is so bossy and is always telling us what to do, thanks, for caring about us that much it is so nice to have you a little closer to us all I'm saying I guess is that ya all have made our life happier because of the great lives's that you are living ,we love you all so much thank you thank you thank you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats in beating teh storm!
Yep, great job Isabella Smith it is always good to have a storng moderator in the mist of the trials of life. After all she is the youngest of your daughters, and sometimes she seems like the oldest.

Sorry, that my family could not catch you at the final dedication of the Twin Falls Temple. My fahter in law Rodney Hawks had work the following day at Eagle Picture (The other side of Vale), and I had just gotten back from that flight to my brother's wedding. Sorry, that I was so dispondant durring the cuise. My back likes to send shock-waves of pain, and when I am on the medication I am zoned and out of it.

Congrats on competing another mission and another job well done.

From the nephew you do not care to know: Daniel Nephi Rollins (DNR).

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home